Saturday 4 September 2010

The Rebuild begins

Terry at Stotfold Engineering allowed me to come into the workshop for the re assembly of the bike. I really needed to get involved in the build and was glad to have the opportunity.
The frame was powder coated at ' Full Range finishing' in Letchworth http://www.fullrangefinishing.co.uk/. These guys are really accomodating and I changed my mind after the first try at a satin black finish on the frame and took it back to be re coated in Gloss Black. I am glad I changed my mind as the frame now looks great.

Heres a series of pics of the bike gradually getting back together (over a series of lunch time visits and after work over last winter. (in a freezing workshop with no heating !!)

The rear sets are from a company in Norfolk called Barleycorn.  http://www.barleycorn.co.uk/  Barleycorn  Engineering is a small  company making parts and accessories specifically for vintage and classic  motorcycles. The rear sets are copies of an Italian design from the 70's.
Simon at barleycorns is also very accommodating and apart from being reasonably priced in the first place Simon was also able to provide extra length arms to help me make the rears sets fit the Guzzi.


No comments:

Post a Comment